* Seriously- go abroad if you can. Do a year if you are brave enough, but at least do a quarter or semester. It will give you so much experience and a foot up when it comes to talking points and resumes. Even if you have a tough major like Bio or Chem, plan your classes so that you have an easier semester/quarter and can take your GEs while abroad.
* If you decide not to go abroad- do something different! You have been at school for 2 years now, and you still have one more after this, so do something comepletley different than the other years! Take a year off, join a volunteer group, run for student body- do something that will give you a different experience than you have already gotten.
* If nothing else- start doing internships. It is so important to start early so that you can get as many experiences as possible. You are going to want to know what you like as well as what you don’t like and you will find that out by doing multiple internships. – You also want some experience by the time you start applying to jobs your senior year.
* Look at big company’s internship pages, because many of them take summer interns and you will want to do that the summer before your senior year if you can.
* Make sure you are on course with your major- check the units and requirements to make sure that you graduate when you are hoping to.