NuVasive Inc., based in San Diego, California, is a global medical device company focused on transforming spine surgery by empowering surgeons with technology to approach procedures in the least disruptive way possible. NuVasive’s solutions include access instruments, implantable hardware and software systems and reconciliation technology that center on achieving the global alignment of the spine. NuVasive has 1900 employees globally, has offices in 30 countries and is a publicly traded company listed on the NASDAQ (NUVA). They are the #3 player in the $9 billion global spine market.
During my visit to the San Diego headquarters site, I was toured around a very current, comfortable, and forward-thinking organization. Particularly interesting was the on-site cadaver lab in which exploratory surgery and training is done using the techniques, devises and software being developed. The San Diego site also houses a manufacturing facility for the instruments designed and used in their surgical procedures.
NuVasive will be posting a variety of internship positions on GauchoLink starting in January 2017. They are targeting students with a variety of majors and interests.
Internship Program Details:
- The NuVasive Summer Internship Program takes place at our headquarters office in San Diego, CA
- Intern candidates must be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. program
- Students must have successfully completed 2 years of undergraduate studies with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Candidates are responsible for their own housing and transportation during the internship
- Must be eligible to work in the United States (CPT is OK).
- Summer intern positions are normally full-time (40/hrs.) week for 10 to 12 weeks with a flexible start date depending on the academic calendar.
Interns have access to the lab as part of their summer experience and will be exposed to cutting edge technology, research and systems design in addition to business and management best practices, leadership and networking activities.
NuVasive internships often result in exciting career opportunities, challenging leadership experiences, and rewarding projects. Interested students should create a profile on the NuVasive career site to ensure that information is on file with the recruiting team, http://www.nuvasive.com/careers/