The mission of Career Services is to help the students and recent graduates of the University of California identify and fulfill their career goals. We serve as the bridge between their college experience and employment or graduate school, helping them apply what they have learned. By providing comprehensive resources, programs, and counseling on career development, internships, employment, and graduate school, we assist students and recent graduates to make career decisions, connect with employers, and attain their life goals. Our principles of service are:
- We value each individual as unique and part of a diverse and inclusive community.
- We provide undergraduates, graduate students and recent graduates with caring, customized service, individualized to meet the changing needs of students and the job market.
- We participate in a wide range of partnerships with employers, campus and local communities, and academic and administrative departments to enhance the development of students.
- We employ the best tools – both human and technological – to maximize the accessibility and effectiveness of our services.
- We maintain a collection of carefully selected resources both in our library and on-line.
The personal views, contents, and opinions expressed on the Career Services blog do not necessarily represent those of the department or the University of California.